Water Heater Leaking From The Bottom Here's What To Do
Just. Great. You've noticed water pooling around your water heater because of a leak at the bottom. Now you're wondering, "How serious is this problem? Can it be repaired or do I need a new water heater?" Well, the seriousness of the problem depends on WHERE the leak is coming from at the bottom. So... Step 1: Determine the leak's location at the bottom of the water heater Look at these 2 places:
- The drain valve (the spigot at the bottom of the tank that drains the water heater of sediment)
- The water heater's tank
- "When Should I Replace My Water Heater?" [FAQ]
- Does My Water Heater Tank Really Need to Be Flushed Regularly?
- For electric water heaters, find the water heater's circuit breaker and flip it to "off."
- For gas water heaters, look on your water heater for an on/off switch or dial. Turn it to "off."
- Water Heater Buyer Guide - Consumer Reports
- 2 Steps to Finding the Right Water Heater Size
- Traditional Water Heaters vs. Tankless Water Heaters: Which One is Better?