Why Is My Gas Furnace Leaking Water
As your gas furnace runs, is there water leaking at the base? Is the furnace's air filter wet, too? There are a few things that could be happening here. But if you have a high-efficiency furnace, here's the most common cause: a condensation leak. We'll explain why a furnace creates condensation, and what's causing it to leak out of your furnace. Note: You'll know if you have a high-efficiency furnace if:
- The yellow energy guide tag says your furnace's efficiency is 90% or higher AFUE.
- The vent/flue pipe is white PVC as opposed to metal.
- Clogged condensation tubing
- Clogged condensation drain
- Breaks in the condensation line
- Issues with the condensate pump (if you have one)