Air Conditioner Repair and Installation
Repair and Installation
In the heat of a Georgia summer, your home's comfort depends on how well your air conditioner is working. Depending on the age of your unit and how well it's operating, it might be time to replace or repair your AC. Ragsdale Heating, Air & Plumbing offers both cooling system repairs and replacement.
What We Offer
Should You Repair or Replace Your Air Conditioner?
Although in some cases, repairing your air conditioner is the way to go and will allow you to get years of use out of the same unit, in other cases, replacement is your best bet. Here are a few signs that it's time to get a new cooling system:
- Your air conditioner is old. Energy Star recommends replacing any AC units that are more than 10 years old. Replacing an older unit can help you save up to 30 percent on your cooling bill.
- You're always repairing your AC. If you feel like you're becoming close friends with your AC repair person, because he or she is always dropping by to fix something, you could save money and hassle by replacing your system.
- Your air conditioner uses R-22. The EPA has begun to phase-out R-22, Freon, a refrigerant that was used in AC units produced before 2010. While R-22 is still available, the cost of the refrigerant is increasing as production of it falls. The cost of repairing and refilling a leaking AC that uses R-22 can be very expensive.
Things to Consider When Choosing a New Air Conditioner
If replacing, not repairing, your home's air conditioner is the option that makes the most sense for you, there are a several things to consider when choosing your new cooling system. They include:
- The seasonal energy efficiency ratio (SEER) rating -The higher the SEER rating of your AC, the more energy efficient it will be. Older units tend to have SEER ratings under 6, according to Energy.gov.
- Size - You don't want an AC system that is too small for your home and that will have to work overtime to keep things cool. A system that is too large for your home won't be able to effectively lower the humidity level. Proper sizing is very important.
- Ductwork - How the ductwork in your home is designed and how well it functions influences the overall efficiency of your new AC. Ducts that are leaky, that have sharp turns or that aren't the right size will negatively affect your AC's efficiency.
- Smart or programmable control - How you control your new AC influences your overall energy bills. Choosing a system with a programmable thermostat can help lower your energy use and reduce the size of your energy bills.
- Who's installing your new system - When getting a new AC, make sure you're working with a team of trained and experienced technicians. Ragsdale can help you decide which cooling system best meets your needs and fits with your budget and also offers professional installation.
Whether you need to repair your air conditioner or get an entirely new unit, Ragsdale offers multiple financing options to help you cover the cost. Contact us today to learn more about our financing opportunities.
By far the best company I have worked with. Everyone is very friendly, knowledgable, and has my best interests in mind. I was absolutely shocked by the quick response time. I loved that everyone who came to my house explained the issues, the product, and thoroughly answered any questions that I had. I will definitely be a lifetime customer and recommend Ragsdale to anyone needing HVAC or plumbing.
My AC unit was affected by a lightning storm on Sunday. I called Ragsdale to get emergency service since we all know how HOT it gets in Georgia. I received a call back from the technician (Patrick) and he said he would be there in about 30mins. His arrival time was accurate and he got right to work diagnosing the issue after I explained what happened.
Keep Up The Good Work!
So glad we have Ragsdale taking care of our family! They have taken care of our heating and air conditioning, as well as, our plumbing needs for years. We enjoy every minute of our Gold plan status
The Premiere Choice
Ragsdale Heating, Air & Plumbing is by far the premiere choice for our area. Our experiences with the company have been phenomenal and my husband and I know we will continue to use this organization for all future needs.
Thank You, Ragsdale!
I called Ragsdale around 9am and they informed me that they could have someone out after lunch. I was so relieved! Then I got a call from them about an hour later saying that someone could be there in 30 minutes. THANK YOU, RAGSDALE! I was prepared to be without water for at least a day! Your guys are very professional and efficient. We will definitely call you in the future!
Professional and Pleasant
Michael was awesome, he arrived within the hour on an after hours call. He was professional and pleasant with tons of knowledge. He was in and out in about 30 minutes and accurately diagnosed/ fixed our problem. We will use these guys again.