Air Conditioner Repair and Installation
Repair and Installation
In the heat of a Georgia summer, your home's comfort depends on how well your air conditioner is working. Depending on the age of your unit and how well it's operating, it might be time to replace or repair your AC. Ragsdale Heating, Air & Plumbing offers both cooling system repairs and replacement.
What We Offer
Should You Repair or Replace Your Air Conditioner?
Although in some cases, repairing your air conditioner is the way to go and will allow you to get years of use out of the same unit, in other cases, replacement is your best bet. Here are a few signs that it's time to get a new cooling system:
- Your air conditioner is old. Energy Star recommends replacing any AC units that are more than 10 years old. Replacing an older unit can help you save up to 30 percent on your cooling bill.
- You're always repairing your AC. If you feel like you're becoming close friends with your AC repair person, because he or she is always dropping by to fix something, you could save money and hassle by replacing your system.
- Your air conditioner uses R-22. The EPA has begun to phase-out R-22, Freon, a refrigerant that was used in AC units produced before 2010. While R-22 is still available, the cost of the refrigerant is increasing as production of it falls. The cost of repairing and refilling a leaking AC that uses R-22 can be very expensive.
Things to Consider When Choosing a New Air Conditioner
If replacing, not repairing, your home's air conditioner is the option that makes the most sense for you, there are several things to consider when choosing your new cooling system. They include:
- The seasonal energy efficiency ratio (SEER) rating -The higher the SEER rating of your AC, the more energy efficient it will be. Older units tend to have SEER ratings under 6, according to Energy.gov.
- Size - You don't want an AC system that is too small for your home and that will have to work overtime to keep things cool. A system that is too large for your home won't be able to effectively lower the humidity level. Proper sizing is very important.
- Ductwork - How the ductwork in your home is designed and how well it functions influences the overall efficiency of your new AC. Ducts that are leaky, that have sharp turns or that aren't the right size will negatively affect your AC's efficiency.
- Smart or programmable control - How you control your new AC influences your overall energy bills. Choosing a system with a programmable thermostat can help lower your energy use and reduce the size of your energy bills.
- Who's installing your new system - When getting a new AC, make sure you're working with a team of trained and experienced technicians. Ragsdale can help you decide which cooling system best meets your needs and fits with your budget and also offers professional installation.
Whether you need to repair your air conditioner or get an entirely new unit, Ragsdale offers multiple financing options to help you cover the cost. Contact us today to learn more about our financing opportunities.
The gentleman that came out has an outstanding working knowledge of your industry. He supplied all options, therefore I believe he is a valuable employee to Ragsdale H/A. Thanks for the quote.
Friendly and Efficient
Tech was very friendly and efficient was a great experience Office personnel also very friendly and prompt to get my needs taking care of Would and will highly recommend them to anyone and everyone who my need service to their HVAC systems Thank you.
Someone We Can Trust!
Ragsdale is someone we can trust! They always come when they tell us and even call us a few minutes before they arrive. They are honest about what they find and never charge for things we don't need!! We wouldn't trust our home system to anyone else!
We just purchased a new a/c system and had it installed by Ragsdale. Every step of the process was handled efficiently, and with great courtesy. Everyone was very nice, informative and strove to provide great service. The new system is awesome! Very pleased.
Had a great experience with Ragsdale. I’ve been a customer of theirs for so many years. The technician was nice and friendly. Did my yearly check up and there was no problems. Thank you!
Professional and Knowledgeable
Had an urgent call, chipmunk chewed through wires, and Mark with Ragsdale Heating and Air was out in less than 2-hours as a work in customer. I request Mark for all my maintenance during the year. He is professional, knowledgeable in his trade and an all around nice guy.
Prompt and Professional
Allen was so kind and personable. Diagnosed the problem quickly. Re-lit the pilot light on water heater and warned me I'd have to replace it soon. Gave me an estimate. Unfortunately, I needed to replace the water heater the following day, but the next plumber was able to do it seamlessly based on Allen's report. I would definitely use this service again! Prompt and professional!